Nowadays, there are a lot of myths about eating bread and gain weight. In fact, this is a question that most people are dying to find the answer: does bread really make you fat? Keep on reading the following lines and you will discover if bread really is a threat to a slim figure.
Bread myths debunked
Most people know that eating bread will make them gain weight. Actually, this is a myth, because it won’t change anything in your body. In fact, it does, if you are consuming it in excess. Have you ever wondered how many calories are in a bread? It has almost the same calories as protein. Moreover, you shouldn’t worry about the whole-wheat bread because it has the same calories as a white one, but it is higher in nutritional value as it is rich in vitamins, fibre and minerals.
Nutritionists reveal the secrets of a healthy bread
Usually, grains provide a lot of benefits, as it:
- they will give you energy and help maintain normal blood sugar levels
- they are low in fat, they provide the feeling of fullness because the body absorbs the fibre-rich whole grains and whole-wheat bread slowly. This way, they help in weight loss programs.
Plus, the grains have a lot of nutrients, including:
- B vitamins which can generate energy in the body from the food you eat
- Fibre that maintain a healthy digestive system
- Iron that transfer oxygen from the lungs to the cells of the body.
Several nutritionists and health experts reveal that people eating whole grain bread are less likely to gain weight over time. Moreover, it is a food that they recommend daily as a part of a healthy diet.
However, they also recommend baking our own food because homemade products provide a lot of benefits due to their high-quality ingredients. You can choose the highest quality floor, leavening agents or eggs. Moreover, you can control the salt and sugar content, so you don’t have to worry about the amount of corn syrup that can provide empty calories. Furthermore, this homemade food is easy to make. You just need an advanced bread maker, which can prepare a great bread. Therefore, if you are thinking about maintaining your silhouette, grab your bread maker and the needed high-quality ingredients and get to work.